Well, my planned schedule for getting into the formal Badwater Ultra this year, and perhaps next year took a bad turn. I have the qualifications, just not the "official" races to show it. My hope to begin correcting that was to get in a good 110+ miles at the San Diego 1 Day. I was a ready as I have ever been. But, my SO's father died unexpectedly two days before. I had to withdraw from the race and fly across the country to support her through this. Life happens. Sometimes it just stops, too.
I'm trying to get my head around what to do. Badwater has been driving me for years. I have secured recommendations from some rather significant names to present to the race committee. I know I have what it takes. I need to be able to demonstrate it for the committee. My work travel schedule has gotten in the way too many times, and now just some really unfortunate timing.
As well -- I will get the job done. I guess I just wanted to vent a little.
If I cannot get in through the formal channels, I will go it independently. Ultimately, it does not matter. It is doing the thing, not the race that matters to me. However, it does not hurt to have the support of the race organization present (if only at great distances) as some kind of back up.
Active forum topics
New forum topics
- need a person to hike Whitney with me around 9/10/11th of July
- For the full Badwater attempts of 146miles please visit the website http://badwater146.info
- Lending Options For Less Than Perfect Credit Options Not Difficult Internet Access
- Most Suitable Finance For Bad Credit
- Bad Credit Daddy Loans For Unfavorable Credit Ratings Functions Fairly Simple Entry