I would like to--quite literally--give everyone a heads-up about meteor showers. The Perseid meteor showers are predicted to peak on August 12, though they are quite active for a number of days before and after that date. Death Valley is a REMARKABLE place to watch the meteor showers, having a wide open view of the sky, away from city lights. This year, the moon will set early, leaving the sky very dark. Best time to watch is after midnight. These meteors originate from the northeastern sky.
I am planning to bring a Sierra Club group out to watch the show the weekend of August 13-15. We will be camping at higher elevations to avoid the worst of the heat. If anyone would like to join us, you are welcome. Please email me for more information.
Active forum topics
New forum topics
- need a person to hike Whitney with me around 9/10/11th of July
- For the full Badwater attempts of 146miles please visit the website http://badwater146.info
- Lending Options For Less Than Perfect Credit Options Not Difficult Internet Access
- Most Suitable Finance For Bad Credit
- Bad Credit Daddy Loans For Unfavorable Credit Ratings Functions Fairly Simple Entry