John Rasmussen's training log for the July 1, 2007 Badwater Solo
City:Squaw Valley, California (Near Kings Canyon National Park--not the ski area.)
I have crewed two Badwater Solos for my wife Marcia and one Badwater Ultramarthon for John Tyszkiewicz. Late last year Marcia was trying for the Western States ultra and was thinking that she was not going to be able to do Badwater right after Western States. I opened my big mouth and said I could do it. Next thing I knew I was committed (or maybe should be committed.) Marcia didn't make the lottery so we have decided that we will make the crossing together (we should both be committed!)
I am not exactly a runner but I am a fast walker. I am at my best in steep mountainous terrain and in caves and do fairly well in both hot and cold temperatures. For the crossing I want to be down to a weight of 140-145lbs and of course be in much better shape.
01/01/2007171.0Time to start training.
01/07/2007169.27.0Off to a slow start.
01/13/2007169.27.0Another slow week. But off to a long hike tomorrow.
01/20/2007169.015.0An eleven mile hike with 1200ft of elevation gain and four miles on the treadmill.
01/27/2007169.02.0I did get a little sleep deprivation training in with a 24 hour work day.
Active forum topics
New forum topics
- need a person to hike Whitney with me around 9/10/11th of July
- For the full Badwater attempts of 146miles please visit the website http://badwater146.info
- Lending Options For Less Than Perfect Credit Options Not Difficult Internet Access
- Most Suitable Finance For Bad Credit
- Bad Credit Daddy Loans For Unfavorable Credit Ratings Functions Fairly Simple Entry